Founded in 1922 by father and son, A.C. & F.C. Hammonds, in a shed in the garden of 4 Barnabas Street, making door steps, mat well frames, and gas geyser parts.
Fred’s brother Ted joined in 1925 and they moved around the corner to 62 Brigstocke Road, working for the air ministry during the war and still making stove pipes and geyser components.
In 1955 they moved to the present, purpose built factory in Dove Lane.
Fred retired in 1970 and Peter Hammonds, Ted's son, joined the business. Ted retired in 1980, passing the reins to Peter, who still runs the firm today.
In 2008 James Hammonds, Peter’s son, joined the business full-time after completing a bachelors degree in mechanical engineering.